A consortium which includes Indiana University Kelley School of Business’ Center for Education and Research in Retail, Kalypso, and Collegefashionista.com surveys college-aged fashion gurus to gain insights into merchandise trends in the marketplace.
Participants are surveyed for Spring, Back to School (BTS) and Holiday seasons. Survey respondents are true fashionistas, passionate about the latest college fashion styles, and trends happening on campus.
The FINdex results provide forward-looking fashion insights to designers, and key information for retailers as they make merchandising and pricing decisions each season.
This spring, the FINdex tracking study revealed the following high level insights:
- Respondents are more excited about the apparel and accessory products being offered this season relative to Holiday 2015 and the same time period last year, Spring 2015
- Although respondents are more willing to buy than the same time period last year, they are less willing to buy than Holiday 2015
- Despite large majority being excited over items being offered, 2 in 5 will wait for sales/clearance before buying
- Respondents have a lower perception of innovativeness in products offered this season compared to Holiday 2015 and the same time period last year, Spring 2015
- Urban Outfitters, Top Shop and Free People top the list of sought-after brands this spring season
- Vineyard Vines, Coach and Fossil top the list of least sought-after brands this spring season